Parco della Musica Records is the record label of the Fondazione Musica per Roma. Since 2004 it has been publishing the best projects recorded at the Auditorium Parco della Musica Ennio Morricone or performed by artists closely associated with the Auditorium. The publishing lines follow the same research and selection as characterize the musical programming of the Auditorium itself. In just a few years, Parco della Musica Records has achieved a prestigious position in the world of recordings, receiving increasingly positive reviews from national and international critics and winning numerous prizes and awards.
Among the albums released, the following stand out:
- Original jazz projects with some of the most important Italian soloists and ensembles. Among them: Paolo Fresu, Danilo Rea, Parco della Musica Jazz Orchestra, Furio Di Castri, Francesco Bearzatti, Rosario Bonaccorso, Maria Pia De Vito, Javier Girotto, Maurizio Martusciello, Fabrizio Bosso, Antonello Salis, Roberto Cecchetto, Paolino Dalla Porta, Aires Tango, Michele Rabbia, Marcello Allulli, Antonio Jasevoli, Huw Warren, Gianluca Petrella, Fabrizio Sferra, Pietro Tonolo, Giovanni Falzone, Piero Delle Monache, Roberto Gatto, Mauro Ottolini, Maurizio Giammarco, Dario Deidda, Fabio Zeppetella, Puglia Jazz Factory, Dan Kinzelman and Hobby Horse, Walter Beltrami, Enzo Pietropaoli, Adriano Viterbini, Gabriele Mitelli, Antonio Fusco, Franco D’Andrea, Daniele Tittarelli, Stefano Battaglia, Giovanni Maier, Doctor 3, Giovanni Tommaso, William Tatge, Paolo Damiani, Riccardo Del Fra, Rosario Giuliani, Tino Tracanna, Danilo Gallo; unique session recordings with international artists such as Mike Stern, Joe Chambers, Tom Harrell, Huw Warren, Emmanuel Bex, Jorge Rossy, Avishai Cohen, Doug Weiss, Dave Douglas, Han Bennink;
- special projects dedicated to pop music such as ‘Per Amore‘, with the participation of Mina, Lucio Dalla, Gianni Morandi, Pino Daniele, Renzo Arbore, Fiorello and Christian De Sica;
- productions dedicated to the Orchestra Popolare Italiana conducted by Ambrogio Sparagna, (Notte della Taranta 2005 and 2006, Chiarastella, Vola Vola Vola);
- productions of artists and groups in the Italian songwriter and popular music, such as Caraserena, Mimmo Locasciulli, Coro dei Minatori di Santa Fiora, Orchestra di Piazza Vittorio, Antonio Pascuzzo;
- productions of contemporary and electronic music: Lucia Ronchetti, Raffaele Costantino, Dk Knuf, Maurizio Bilancioni, Star Hip Troopers. The productions dedicated to Gino Paoli (Un Incontro in jazz, Due come noi che…, Napoli con amore) and Franco D’Andrea (Monk & The Time Machine, Three Concerts, Trio Music), two pillars of the label’s repertoire, deserve a separate mention.
In just a few years, Parco della Musica Records albums have been reviewed by the most important national and international publications, both specialist and non-specialist, and have won numerous prizes and awards. This is because the editorial lines of Parco della Musica Records are the result of careful research, and are sensitive to the wishes of an increasingly demanding and refined public; the same research that characterises the musical programming of the Fondazione Musica per Roma.
The recording activity is accompanied by a live concert activity, Recording Studio, which gives the audience of the Auditorium Parco della Musica the opportunity to attend live album recordings in the halls of the Auditorium.
All CDs are on sale at “Notebook”, the Auditorium’s bookshop, and in leading Italian music shops.